Does a new cd transport require break-in time?

I just ordered a new Cambridge CXC transport to go along with  Gungy DAC.
Does it require any break-in time?
128x128rvpiano

From Schiit:

Clicking When Changing Sample Rates/Pausing/Etc.

1. It’s totally normal for our Bifrost and Gungnir DACs to click (mechanically, from the chassis) during normal operation. That’s the muting relay, doing its job. It clicks whenever the SPDIF datastream is interrupted.

2. If it’s clicking excessively on a Mac or PC, you can reduce it by routing system sounds to the speaker on a Mac, rather than to the Schiit USB Audio Device output. On a PC, you can set system sounds to "no sounds." In both cases, using USB largely eliminates it.

3. If it’s clicking excessively on a CD transport when in pause, the CD transport has a cycling interruption in the datastream. There’s no real fix for this, except getting another CD transport. It won’t hurt the Bifrost or Gungnir, though—the relays are rated for several million cycles.

I have the same combo as the OP, and yes, it clicks frenetically when the transport is Paused, something I now do very infrequently.

The only thing I have to add to the above is that, when you first insert a CD or manually change tracks, in my system it’s more of a loud pop or boom from the speakers instead of a click. When the volume is set to high I’m really afraid it’s going to damage the speakers.
The only thing I have to add to the above is that, when you first insert a CD or manually change tracks, in my system it’s more of a loud pop or boom from the speakers instead of a click. When the volume is set to high I’m really afraid it’s going to damage the speakers.
Twoleftears:

Since we share the same combo of DAC and transport, do you notice any lack of synergy between the components, or is your sound full, detailed and rich?
As previously noted in this thread, my Cambridge lacks fullness with the Gungy, but not with another DAC.