Does Every Track Sound Great on Your System?

How do you know if it is the recording or your system?

By way of example with a focus on bass, for some songs I like the amount of bass, then another song I feel like it needs more bass to hit harder, and then another song I feel like there is too much bass and it is boomy. Does that ever happen to you? I feel like I am getting the treble sorted out, but going back and forth on the bass.

Can anyone listen to the first 20 second of the song Temptation by Diana Krall from the Girl In The Other Room album and let me know if there is a bass component that is a bit much? The vocals sound good so no issue there.

Thanks.

12many

I use no eq or room correction.  Great tracks sound great, good tracks sound good, and lousy tracks sound lousy.  But you know why they sound lousy.

@tlcocks 

I really appreciate all the info you have provided and am happy you are so pleased with this in your system. Looking at their website, it is undeniable that the advantages of this unit are multiple over others. But, as quoted in their website, this is first and foremost intended for studios. In a dedicated listening room such as mine, it would simply be overkill as only my speakers cost more than it. And I use my EQ probably much less than 5% of the time. That's why the Loki Max in my case makes much more sense. But good for you!

@wsrrsw , so this doesn’t become a repeat of the other thread, I really recommend reading IT before concluding that a Schiit equalizer is best for you. Or personally reach out to @jtcf ​​@bigwave1 @mirolab @ellajeanelle ​​​@dgarretson. The last one has the Massive Passive. @mirolab records in his own home studio. They will give you a wealth of information. It’s all on the other thread though. 

@baylinor , I understand and have said all I have to say. Oh other than if you used a better sounding more powerful EQ with more headroom then you’d euphorically use it a lot more than 5 % of the time. These things can be magic boxes. Not Loki though. I had it all of one day and returned it. It took about 10 minutes to determine that either with small or larger adjustments that sonically it couldn’t TOUCH what my CO was doing. 

Ditto, I also said all I have to say because unlike some, I don't like to bad mouth other folks' equipment over mine. Over and out.