Dust Settled Consensus- is the Benchmark AHB2 an Audiophile Amplifier?

As the dust settles on the time the when the Benchmark AHB2 amplifier was a hot topic in the audio world, what is the long term consensus about this amplifier?  

Has it become a mainstay in the audiophile community?  

avanti1960

If the ASR crowd approves of it because it measures well, I’d proceed with caution. Listening tests is not something they take into consideration most of the time. 

@avanti1960 I see you have XA25 and if that’s still the case and you like the Pass sound, I would just upgrade within the Pass product line. Yes it’s more expensive than the Benchmark but I’m pretty sure Pass Labs is next level stuff. 

If you like the XA25 and go to a Benchmark 

you will need to learn for the properly perform

ritualized Seppuku

I had the stereo AHB2 with the KEFs and I was unimpressed. I think the amp is flat and without color (compared to Ayre and AGT). Also Pass A25 was much meatier. 

I think the amp is flat and without color

Generally I find when the distortion goes lower, then things sounds quieter at the same measured SPL… Some people find those situations to be not to their liking.

Irrespective of whether it is caused by the amp, speakers, or preamp… many people just really prefer some distortion.