DV-50s vs Krell SACD Standard vs Denon 3910 mod

Would sincerely appreciate some experienced guidance or commentary on this.

Here's my situation: Want a great SACD/CD player, happy with a 'good' DVD/DVD-A player - or a universal biased towards SACD/Redbook CD performance.

I'd thought of an Underwood/Partsconnexion mod'd DVD-5900 or 3910, but think I'd be setting myself up for losing even more $$$ when I go to upgrade...
So, have been thinking of the Teac Esoteric DV-50s, or Krell SACD Standard [since CD is my priority]

I've seen the Krell vs Esoteric thread ... but wonder what else I should consider in the $2k-$5k range ?
Happy to buy a good used model in that range as well
jsbsanfran
Kana813,

I am the originator of one of the best, most interesting and most well responded to threads going on Audiogon now. Over 375 responses and still going strong. Look up my member name and my active threads and you'll see it.

You're right...I am not the moderator of this thread nor do I wish to be so. I just felt some of your responses were inappropriate and I'm a big believer in treating people with common courtesy and respect.

Anyway, I'm off this thread now so you don't have to worry about me "butting in" on your dialogue with others.

Enjoy the Music!

AVGURU
Thank you Mel and AVGURU. No offense taken and no apologies needed.
blindness is much like a mother-in-law: you may not truly love her, but you can get along fine; only you'd rather didn't have to deal with her every day. In that I consider myself half lucky: mother-in-law lives 2000 miles away. So, no prob at my end.
While not wanting to overstate the rather modest social advantages of the condition, I have become over the years rather apt and fond of judging the quality of the construction/finish of equipment using the tactile experience [yes, that means fondling], as you may read in my previous rant about the hidden virtues of the X-01's exquisitely wrought and taught underbelly.
The same X-01 also produced for me the most enjoyable synesthetic images of sound and music, among all the players I have seen this far. Yet I do know that it can't be the ultimate.
Finally to all: let us go back to the music and our quest for digital audio Nirvana! [in kinly camaraderie, that is]
"I am the originator of one of the best, most interesting and most well responded to threads going on Audiogon now. Over 375 responses and still going strong. Look up my member name and my active threads and you'll see it."

AVGURU-

Wow! You da man.

To quote Lazarus28, "shakes head, sighs."
Wow, " ... the originator of one of the best, most interesting and most responded to threads going on Audiogon now".

That's quite the accomplishment, congratulations! LOL.