Electrocompaniet owners

I have owned and enjoyed Electrocompaniet's EMC-1 CD player for the past 2 years. I love the looks, build quality and especially the sound quality. I am considering buying either Electrocompaniet's seperates or one of their integrated amps. Who out there owns their seperates or integrated amps and uses them with EMC-1 CD player?
bobheinatz
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?ymisc&1041348528&openusid&zzTok20000&4&5#Tok20000

Bob, all I have to say is their EMC-1 mk2 may be the best product that Electro makes. And even at that, I would never buy from a company who's distributers treat customers poorly. Please see the above thread.

Anyway, there are TONS of better amps and preamps and integrated amps out there that are better than what Electrocompaniet has to offer. Especially preamps... Electro preamps have a lot to be desired in every aspect from sound to build quality. Their amplifiers are at least built pretty well.

Tell me how much you want to spend, and I will make a suggestion on seperates of an integrated amp that will knock the socks off (sonically) of any Electro gear. It would also help telling us your speakers and approximately how much amplification power you need and what you are usining now.

KF
Their intergrateds have gotten some decent press, but for the price I found used Pass Labs Aleph P and 2 monos to offer a best match with my system. Though not wanting to gild the lily, you MUST be careful if you're buying a used EC unit (see the aforementioned thread). I too LOVE my EMC-1 MkII but have had a horrible experience trying to obtain a mod for it. Remember that any consumer item hopping the pond will be more expensive than its native counterpart. There are MANY US-made amplifiers to consider that may be more cost-effective. The EMC-1 is unique, and as such may be worth the bother. Good Luck.
If you buy Electrocompaniet, your equipment may not have very good resale value on this website. This is an important consideration for me in purchasing new equipment.