Electrostatic speakers

I picked up a pair of Electrostatic Research Vista by Sunrise Audio;. Hooked them up to test them and both work. One sounds significantly louder them the other with balance set evenly. Does anyone have any ideas as to why? I am running them with a pioneer receiver just to test them. They are at my office have not brought them home yet. I plan the run them with two NAD 2200 amps, biamped. 
thanks

lester350

There are no places to adjust anything externally 
Thanks I’ll give the vac  a try. 

Use a brush attachment and make shure it’s clean. But first disconnect the speakers for 5-6hrs, preferably overnight 

It looks like it is the panel. i tried to vacuum them. no difference. i did switch out the panels with the bases/woofers and the problem moved with the panel. Can anyone recommend a company who rebuilds panels?

Not sure how much you have "invested" in the panels but you could be in for a very expensive repair. Today’s electrostatic designs are much better and very reliable. Older designs...not so much.

I paid $600 for the pair sight unseen. I’ll look around for some pricing. I may just cut my losses. I was going to build a pair for fun. Maybe I’ll use these as a starting point. Thanks for the help.