EMT 927 vs. Micro Seiki 5000 or 8000 - different?

Did any one test those machines in the same set up? What was the outcome? Idler-Drive in its best built quality vs. the well rated heavy belts from Japan.
thuchan
Well, maybe this could help to other persons to figure it:

http://www.google.com.mx/search?q=melco+turntables&hl=es&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=2vnCTduVJOvKiALU642wAw&ved=0CD4QsAQ&biw=1360&bih=634

R.
Dear Raul,

at least you are a music lover - not too bad :-). But seriously I have to apologize for running a business in "the real world" not aswering your post earlier. I saw you and many other MS owners behind you waiting for a lecture. I will dissapoint you.

Maybe I am not a expert on Micro Seiki too. Nevertheless I have figured out what you can do with these well built machines and whoever is telling me he did not regard the big Micros as serious contenders - there are other fine table out of course - may need another approach to them.

I am using rubber belts as well as threads. Who told you this funny story about my preferences. Hopefully not me :-)

Listening is believing Raul. Come over here, and if you return keeping your opinion on the big Micros I will sell my equipment...

deal?

best & fun only - Thuchan
Raul/Dertonarm,

One other thing on the power supply on the Final - as well as having separate regulation for 33 & 45 it also has a "torque control". There is definitely an optimum point for sound. With regards to the string drive I cant try a rubber belt as the pulley has a very narrow slot for the string. However the speed is much more stable with surgical silk than others I have tried. The Top Class Audio site has a detailed view of the bearing components and structure of the current Final TT. Its almost identical to mine. The top Melco's would be interesting to hear.
Raul,

Forgot to mention - Final have always done complete bespoke systems. Their cartridge at the time was a rebadged Fidelity research - looks like an FR7. I have both an Ikeda Kiwame and a vintage Dynavector Nova 13D ( Ebony bodied version ) which is due for retipping. Currently using a back up cartridge - Shure V15 type V ( shocking to some I'm sure ).
Dear Thuchan: Deal, but something that disturbing me a little is: what could you do with out your beloved great audio system? where your " life " goes? and after my opinion no one will be interested to buy it.

No, I think is better that I be there with out given my MS opinion: don't you think?, our hobby is not only an important part of your and my life but a critical one.

Btw, seriously for all of us: what if our each one audio system suddenly " disappear " and we can't any more enjoy music at home like today? how could affect you this hipothetic " fact "? do you already thinked?

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.