EMT 927 vs. Micro Seiki 5000 or 8000 - different?

Did any one test those machines in the same set up? What was the outcome? Idler-Drive in its best built quality vs. the well rated heavy belts from Japan.
thuchan
Raul,

Forgot to mention - Final have always done complete bespoke systems. Their cartridge at the time was a rebadged Fidelity research - looks like an FR7. I have both an Ikeda Kiwame and a vintage Dynavector Nova 13D ( Ebony bodied version ) which is due for retipping. Currently using a back up cartridge - Shure V15 type V ( shocking to some I'm sure ).
Dear Thuchan: Deal, but something that disturbing me a little is: what could you do with out your beloved great audio system? where your " life " goes? and after my opinion no one will be interested to buy it.

No, I think is better that I be there with out given my MS opinion: don't you think?, our hobby is not only an important part of your and my life but a critical one.

Btw, seriously for all of us: what if our each one audio system suddenly " disappear " and we can't any more enjoy music at home like today? how could affect you this hipothetic " fact "? do you already thinked?

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Dear Dover: I owned that 13D but with stock body, very nice performer.

If you like the Shure cartridge ( as back-up ) then try to find a 140HE, recommended.

Btw, whom is your source cartridge re-tip?

regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Hi Win, If you are still out there, did you mean to imply that belt creep does not occur with string drive (or with the use of other materials that presumably do not "stretch")? I thought Mark Kelly's analysis suggested that belt creep in a conventional belt drive tt, (where the motor is stationed at some distance from the platter and there is no re-routing of the belt by use of a capstan), is inevitable. I take no position pro or con, but what now puts me off of belt drive turntables is this variable that is left to each individual user of a bd turntable with an outboard motor: each user is responsible for the tension in the belt, which can even change from day to day due to vibration, etc. And belt tension would seem to be a major determinant of speed stability (due to belt creep, slippage, etc). So we try to fix that by using a gigantic and massive platter. It requires too much fiddling for me.

I have a good friend who just acquired a very expensive belt drive and tonearm. He invited me over for a listen. He is using a record weight with a built in strobe, so as to allow constant monitoring of platter speed. The sound was excellent but the experience was maddening. Commanded by the drifting of the strobe light, my friend was up out of his seat adjusting the motor about every 2 minutes, in order to keep the damned strobe stable. Turned out he did have a problem with his 3-phase AC synchronous state of the art motor controller, but still...
Hi Lewm,

Belt creep is definitely an issue - rubber belts stretch, with string drive you need something that doesn't - cotton stretches badly, I have found surgical silk doesn't at all. My turntable speed never changes so I only check it once a year or so. The only times I've had to adjust it is when I have knocked the potentiometers on the sine wave generator when cleaning.