EMT 927 vs. Micro Seiki 5000 or 8000 - different?

Did any one test those machines in the same set up? What was the outcome? Idler-Drive in its best built quality vs. the well rated heavy belts from Japan.
thuchan
Dear Jaspert: No doubt about the froces involve on that stylus/LP friction ( Newton Law. ) that exist. Fortunatelly IMHO the " ears " can't detect it.

Regards and enjoy the music,
raul.
Jaspert. The video did not showed but it could be interesting to test what happen/differences at middle and inner grooves too.

Regards and enjoy the music,
raul.
I think stylus drag is important, the better the turntable deals with it the better it will sound, as long as the rest of the design is good. There is a reason why the well designed direct drives from Technics, Kenwood, Pioneer etc. and well designed idler drive designs like a modified Lenco, Garrard, EMT ect. have plenty of fans. These turntables can compete with the modern high dollar heavy platter belt drive designs.
Travbrow, Wishful thinking is not an very strong argument in my opinion. I asked two times about measurements of the
'forces' ( aka 'stylus drag') involved but nobody provided any while everybody produced some 'theoretical quess'. Adding up of such conjectures is not of much help either. I
owned Garrards and DD TT's 30 years ago and know that they
can't match my Kuzma Stabi Reference. Then there is always
this proviso that 'IF' they are 'WELL DESIGNED' which however means 'REDISAGNED'. By such an 'argument' one can
always state that the TT in casu is not well redisigned.
This is called 'immunity' of an theory. Ie no way
one can refute such kind of 'arguments'.

Regards,
Dear Nandric, stylus drag is a resulting force related to VTF.
The actual "value" of the force in question does vary because of VTF, stylus shape, alignment, record "grip", record weight etc. - IMHO the more important point is how to tame the beast.
The Sutherland video does not take into account, that the LP itself might (does...) "slip" on the platter's surface due to the friction of the stylus. The Sutherland itself is not heavy enough to prevent that. A LP clamped down with considerable force ( by means of a Sota Reflexclamp or other similar screw action clamps which really press the record firmly to the platter ) does it still show stylus drag? Not on a servo controlled DD (Technics, Denon, Sony et al) and not on a Micro SX-8000 with a spinning 40 lbs+ platter and high inertia.
On many tt's out there, the platter doesn't work (sonically ...) the way it could, because platter and record aren't actually spinning "in line".
Cheers,
D.