Esoteric K-01/K-03 Owners

Spoke today with the local Esoteric rep to get information on plans to upgrade existing K-01/K-03 users to the "X" model which is only sold overseas at this time. Here is the scoop. (Dates/$$ are only close estimates)

- Upgrades will be available in October 2014
- The upgrade will include the USB input mechanism to support 2.8 MHz DSD (Native Playback) and 384 MHz (PCM).
- There are several other upgrades to the K-01x/K-03x that are not included. (i.e. Upgrades to the DAC, Transport, etc that are direct descendants of the
Grandioso Model).
- Approx. cost is $1,000 (Not including 2-way shipping)
- The Upgrades will be provided in California

Info. on K-03x: http://www.esoteric.jp/products/esoteric/k03x/indexe.html

Beats having to buy a new DSD Dac in the meantime if patient.

Ciao
gocubs999
Thanks so much for this information...BUT... I must tell you my experience. I just hung up from speaking with the folks in California (TEAC/Esoteric Operational Support). I shared the above information and they had NO IDEA whatsoever what I was talking about. Worse...they just kept referring me to ONKYO. Evidently according to the woman I spoke with ONKYO is handling service, upgrades, sales of Esoteric equipment now?!?!

I'm left scratching my head wondering what just happened. Really weird and inconsistent with the experience I'd had in speaking with these folks even a few months ago.

Can anyone verify?

Repeatedly, despite the specifics highlighted above I was told there are no upgrades for the K-01 or K-03. I believe this is incorrect and own both players. Frustrating to say the least...
Bamiles - for over a year now Integra (Onkyo's higher end division) has taken over Esoteric's distribution in the US, Canada, and Latin America. Here's an article detailing the announcement for your reference.
Thanks Bill. So then who do I contact regarding upgrading my K-01 and K-03 players? TEAC refers me to Onkyo. The person I was referred to does not respond to my inquiry. Does anyone have the proper contact information? In the original post is says the upgrades will be done in California. TEAC is in Monticello, California. However Onkyo is in New Jersey.
See the Integra product support page with all sorts of info:

http://integrahometheater.com/prod_support.cfm

email address for Esoteric support:
Esoteric-Service@integrahometheater.com

And here is the 24/7 phone support line:
800-225-1946

Yes... Google is a marvellous institution. G.
I have also been TRYING to deal with ONKYO/INTEGRA Support
and Service to get a repair diagnosis and cost for my P03U and
also have a new conversation regarding the 02 series and K01; I am
seeing long delays in getting answers out of Japan and Onkyo. Very
frustrating...open message to ESOTERIC JAPAN..."please
bring back the SOTA customer service Esoteric owners and
prospects used to enjoy!!!"