Establishing a common analog listening bias

Maybe it is possible to establish a widely accepted common ground in terms of listening bias by choosing and agreeing on 10-30 LPs all readily available new to all audiophiles for decent price.
If all listening tests and personal comments regarding the sound of components and systems in the various threads and posts would refer to any of these LPs mainly, everyones comments and experiences would much easier be understood by their fellow Audiogoners.

How about an "Audiogon baker's double-dozen"?

This would create a solid ground for all of us.

How do you think about this ?
dertonarm
D.
I hear what you say, and as such there can be no argument.

If however everything (voices, instruments) sounds just right, and the applause does not (it's what I try to relate) then it doesn't sound like a VTA issue to me.

Unless, we are saying that applause is the 'new' guide-line in setting VTA, and not the voice/instrument.
It would mean we have to go from 'voicing' to 'applaucing'?

I do know that lesser resolving systems make applause sound more like water falling. But a good resolution makes it clear it is actually water and not 'white noise' also (if it is water :-) --- which is fine as far as my speakers go.

By the way, the percussion / cymbal work on the "Time Out" is pretty well captured, unfortunately not all of the piano.
Also there is a more recent HDCD of "Time Out" and I could argue that my rather old LP still sounds better, more palpable.
But is this LP still or again available, to your knowledge?
A.
Dear Dertonarm: +++++ " When Raul mentioned in another thread that he does not care about this, I knew instantly that all his sonic descriptions are a hollow joke and without any content. " +++++

that is not exactly because any one ( " even me. " ) knows the importance on the subject but in my " day by day " I enjoy the music in a splendid way ( very near of that " perfection ". ) with out the little " stress " to put every single track right on set-up.
I only make this when I'm testing or making some comparison between audio items. Things has to be more simple to enjoy the music and if you are not capable to enjoy the music near that " perfection " I can understand that.

My very first target is to enjoy the music in the best way using my time to hear and enjoy that music letting to the ocasion that I need to do it put that near " perfection " set-up ( day by day ) to a " perfect " set-up on the tracks that I need it because you know that even in the same record " things " change due to our analog imperfect world.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Dear Raul, absolutely no problem.
If you are used to and fine and fully satisfied driving every day with an old VW Beetle for pure enjoyment that is totally o.k.
No need to give comments on the technical aspects and behaviour in extreme driving situations about a Ferrari or Audi RS8 then - thats all I meant and I am happy to learn that you agree.
Cheers,
D.
Dear Axel,
ambient and individual details in a fairly quite audience are about the utmost low level information engraved in a record. All the other sonic details with higher level can and will long be present. The most tiny details do only come up when the polished area of the stylus is as close to 100% aligned to the groove walls as possible.
Logic - isn't it.
Time Out is readly available currently and gets my vote for one of the finest recorded and most interesting Jazz albums ever.
Cheers,
D.
Dear Dertonarm: I own a " Ferrari " too and I use it when I need it, just for fun you know!

The only " one road " around with no return is the worst that can happen to any person that you like it and even enjoy it is ok because is you who have to load in your " shoulders " and can't enjoy the short whole marvelous life that offer so many natural alternatives.

Daniel, seriously, you don't have the right " skills " ( mind/brain ) to try that I feel bad with your comments, don't lose your time I'm to " strong " for you, sorry but such is life.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.