Ethernet Cables, do they make a difference?

I stream music via TIDAL and the only cable in my system that is not an "Audiophile" cable is the one going from my Gateway to my PC, it is a CAT6 cable. Question is, do "Audiophile" Ethernet cables make any difference/ improvement in sound quality?

Any and all feedback is most appreciated, especially if you noted improvements in your streaming audio SQ with a High-End Ethernet cable.

Thanks!
grm
grm
cleeds

geoffkait “Mutually agreed terms, even with lawyers involved, are no insurance whatsoever that the results of a listening test mean anything if the results are negative.”

Quite so. Nor does it necessarily mean anything even when the results are positive. And lawyers are certainly not required to develop a scientifically valid test protocol.

>>>>>>Nope, sorry to disagree. Positive results are - at a minimum - interesting and can be persuasive. You cannot obtain positive results rational test procedure. Obviously a one shot test that’s positive doesn’t mean as much as say a blind test with 5 trials.

There is no such thing as a scientifically valid audio test or test procedure as I’ve already explained. Looks like a Mexican standoff. 

I found this statement from John Atkinson (the one that measurement obsessed folk fall back on for support) to put a kibosh on most A/B/X tests:  
...2nd order behaviors -eg-distortion signatures and noise modulations that characterize sound quality, and these things take a lot of listening to identify.    
It's what I and others have repeatedly stated: long term listening is the correct way to identify sound signatures and clues. You can get the gist of a cable or fuse or what have you but it takes immersion in the music, over time, to correctly assess anything, unless it's something glaringly apparent.

All the best,
Nonoise
LOL, no. God I swear if I see anyone chiming in or trying to hock an "audiophile" Ethernet cable, I'm going to lose my lunch. 
You're off to a great start on that 9th post. 👍

I'm speaking of the efficacy of parlor tricks vs. listening.
What is it that you propose to test?
What ever it is that allows someone to take a $340, 1 meter RJE cable, an declare all sorts of sonic bliss.