Experience with high end fuses????

I tried a high buck fuse for power supply in my Exposure 2010s last February it goes in the little tray under the power cord. I was burnt out from comparing things at the time but did switch it out with the stock fuse twice . My gut feeling was the new fuse cleaned things up the image more defined but also made the stage less open and things almost sounded digital and like the top and booom of tan EQ was boosted slightly. I sat down last night and compared and indeed this is the case. As I said the high buck one seems to clean things up but also shrinks the stage and makes the sound almost processed. Has anyone had any real experience with changing fuses?? I guess one would think the manufacture of the amp voiced it with the fuse they wanted in it. keith
128x128geph0007
I have the logo part now.But secondly,I was speaking of this company stating that it has a UL approval.That's an improper claim to make.Any company that makes electric products should know this.That may be a violation of FTC laws among others. There are no UL approved items.Oh well,keep enjoying your modded Cary amps.I've enjoyed their amps in the past.Good gear. [http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue22/isoclean.htm][http://www.vhaudio.com/isoclean-fuses.html]
In fact I have tried many.. Isocleans are good, Hifi tunings might be a little more costly in construction actually as a regular ceramic vs. glass may be. However in the end I did find Isocleans very good with Tube gear, and Hifi tuning better with Solid state gear, but in most cases they both work just as well. There is one issue most don't realize, desired "Notable" effect is probably still very subtle however most prominent when replacing fuses in the Power amps, then the Preamp, then source gear will have the least effect as it just draws less energy.

The only way I have totally proven that they do in fact work by extending power and frequency response over standard and ceramic fuses is to actually replace every single fuse in my signal chain. Reason for most not getting full results is they start with one or two and hope for the best being they are rather costly. But when I pushed them into all gear including Power conditioners, Balanced transformers etc... feeding the system as well as the gear itself it made excellent results.

This will take some open minded approach and cost to do in most systems, and this will be effective. The problem with these fuses is the marketing alone, they do charge a bit much, and they have no trial period so you just lose money because nobody is taking them back, maybe even a re-stock fee?

If you skip some gear skip the front end gear for the most part in my opinion. Change the amps and any other power equipment for more results.
It has been beyond my ability to notice any consitent, identifiable improvements with these specialty fuses. But that might say more about my hearing than the fuses. To me it is just part of the hobby and if you can excited by the prospect of adding a $25 fuse that will make your system sing, why not?
This is one area of our hobby that does not make any sense to me;that a fuse can make a audible difference;maybe I don't have the ears to hear it though.
"1.they do not alter the basic sound of your system.This is extremely important for me;I find that the furutech fuses tend to emphasis the high;so if your system is in need for such things try them out."

I think this is exactly what I am hearing as the fuse is a a Furutech. Sound is very clean and detailed but the high end is a bit much. Maybe I should try a different brand