Favorite music

I've been a long time fan of Daniel Lanois and only in the last months discovered the group, Black Dub.

The lead singer is Trixie Whitley, daughter of the late, great Texas blues man, Chris Whitley.

Brian Blade on drums, a phenominal artist who's work I greatly admire. This from Amazon:
Among his credits, Lanois produced Bob Dylan s Grammy winning 1997, Time Out of Mind, and U2 s anthemic 1987 breakthrough, The Joshua Tree.

Daniel has produced music for an array of genre busting artists, including Brian Eno, Neil Young, Willie Nelson, Emmylou Harris and the Neville Brothers.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xalbertporter
I bought a second copy of Black Dub at Amazon for $13.95. That's two 180 gram LPs plus MP3 download with free shipping.

I paid double at Acoustic Sounds after shipping for my current copy.

Also bought Allison Krauss "Paper Airplane," good album and a bit more tame on high frequencies than her Mo Fi release.
Robbie Robertson never sounded better than with Daniel Lanois producing on "Robbie Robertson". 'Somewhere Down The Crazy River' is a favorite track for system evaluation.

I also like his "Belladonna" LP.

Great thread!
Jazdoc,

That album was my first experience with Daniel Lanois, I missed him on "The Band," not being a fan of their sound.

Richard Vandersteen gets credit for introducing Robbie Robertson and "Somewhere Down The Crazy River" to me. It was one of his favorite demo tracks. I bought two copies and still pull it out and listen after all these years.

It's approaching the 25 year anniversary of the collaboration of Daniel and Robbie on this LP and for me, it still holds up both musically and sonically.
My input doesn't get the recognition of the OP, and I know in posting this, I'll come across as a/an A--h---. I recommended this LP months ago. I'm glad that others are enjoying it now.