Fidelity vs. Musicality...........Is there a tug of War?

I lean towards Musicality in systems.
ishkabibil
@mijostyn:

Thank you for your response. 

What you assert is certainly consistent with my experience. I started out with a really (in my room) edgy combo-- B&W's with Rotel and Creek components. After that my knee-jerk response was to go too far in the other direction-- Silverline monitors with Jolida tubed integrated and tube CDP. 

Moving to SS amp and transport + DAC helped but the fact that the system is located in our living room imposes constraints that gear upgrades cannot surmount, unfortunately.  

I'll have to wait until we move (likely within 5 years) and I can set up a dedicated room and start over from scratch, with neutrality as the aim. 
Given my age (65) my next system will be my last and I'd like to do a better job, this time. 

I'm not by nature, a patient individual- - I'm thinking I may buy a decent set of headphones and try to satisfy my audio jones that way, in the interim.

BTW, there's no way I can afford 100K.  I might manage 50K.  I'm OK with used gear.  
Funny people with money sit close at concert .But if you look at them they have earplugs in  .LOL.I remember when I was young and you could go to tickecton in my nearest Macys and get there at opening ,when a Concerts tickets were going to go on stage and for like less than 10 bucks ,I could get front row seats.WOW...but after the concert I was deaf.So then I would get the front row in the balcony. Directly front stage with no one in front of me and they were great and didn't hear my hearing...