First Sound preamps....feedback please.

I am considering this preamp as a possible next purchase. This pre would replace my current BAT vk-50se which I have had for about 15 months.

I heard the Deluxe model at a dealer once and was amazed at the sound his system produced. But I was also unfamiliar with the other components I was hearing .

I am looking for a preamp, preferably balanced that can be powerful and full when called upon and also produce very fine detail and nuance with ease.

Personal reviews are really what I am looking for.

Thanks.
avnut
Soundstage did a review of the Presence Dlx. The Paramount is my favorite of the First Sound Preamps. The only other preamp I have found that is as good but has different characteristics is the Red Rose Silver signature.

The First Sound paints a totally black, dead quiet, canvas for you to hear everything there is to hear on the disc. Very holographic soundstage. Tremendous control of the bottom end, with amazing pace and dynamics, with wonderful layering and still retains the seductiveness and bloom of tubes. The parts quality is amazing!

They come single ended only. No remote!
I really like my First Sound preamp and highly recommend it, however I have never heard the BAT vk-50se, there for I don't know how it would compare.
FYI. Make sure the FS's output is compatible with your amp. I wanted to audition one, but it's power output was too low to be very effective with my amp.
How does one make sure that amps and preamps mate well together. What specs should one look at.

Thanks.