fuses - the $39 ones or the 85 cent ones

My Rogue Cronus recently blew a slow blow fuse. I was surfing to find a replacement. The stock fuse is a typical metal end cap, glass and "wire" fuse. The audio emporiums only seemed to offer these $39 German gold plated end wunderkinds. I finally found "normal" fuses from a guitar amp site. Has anyone tried the uber fuses and found the sound better? Hard to understand how it could be. Thanks for any thoughts.
joe_in_seattle
Mboldda1
Thats actually a very accurate and possible scenario, and I agree with your link.. Fact is they make a difference was the point most don't even get!! Forget about proving if they are better or not, I will not dispute the fact they can have a negative effect on some systems, and it seems mostly systems with a bit too much "hifi" sound and very over steril systems will not benefit from new fuses like they would from adding tubes to the mix, unfortunately most try to do this exact thing and expect getting that "Cardas" cable effect or "Tube" effect doing little tweaks like this for musicallity.

Bottom line they will work one way or the other, however not always perfectly positive in all cases.

I will say this, the Hifi tuning fuses had a worse effect on my amps than the isoclean had a positive effect on my preamp at first, same exact description in the article you posted, I flipped them, and did change a few things in the process which showed how they can be benificial in the right spots. Too much of one thing can lead to another NO DOUBT!

I will go on to say the ISOCLEANS might have a better universal effect than the HIFI's which seemed more finicky, but clearly better in many areas than a standard fuse, mostly background distortion and clarity improves.
Neither power cords nor fuses nor super fancy cables will ever improve any system's sound.
It is phisycally impossible to improve it or reduce the loss.
However in case of cables (noitce not fuses or power cords) but cables ypou might introduce favorable loss of information or distortion that would be pleaseing to your ears, perhaps.
Plugging 3 feet of extra thick shileded braided etc. powercord between wall outlet and your unit is simply silly.
To improve anything ypou would have to run the same quality cable from the elctrical company power station staright to your apartment/house. Plugging 3 feet in between is doing exactly what?
Are you with me?
Well, the same goes for fuses.
Now put down the credit card and slowly back away.
Mr D- And you know this because you have tried a variety of power cords and hi-end fuses, and found that they made no difference what-so-ever in your system, Right? Certainly you wouldn't make those statements without having established some facts, one way or the other. I mean- This can't just be one of those unsubstantiated, uninformed opinions from an everything-sounds-the-same smoke blower can it?
Dkzzzzzzzzzzzzz...WAKE UP MAN!! Stupidity may be forgiven, but ignorance is incurable. Now step away from your bose radio.