fuses - the $39 ones or the 85 cent ones

My Rogue Cronus recently blew a slow blow fuse. I was surfing to find a replacement. The stock fuse is a typical metal end cap, glass and "wire" fuse. The audio emporiums only seemed to offer these $39 German gold plated end wunderkinds. I finally found "normal" fuses from a guitar amp site. Has anyone tried the uber fuses and found the sound better? Hard to understand how it could be. Thanks for any thoughts.
joe_in_seattle
Eldartford, this thread is really the age old debate about listening versus theory and DBTesting.
Pubul57, thanks for the lead. Starting with that, I eventually found this US company, sand-filled ceramic, fast and slo blo, all sizes, UL approved. I'm going to try some!http://okwelec.com/products/camden/fuses/ceramic-fuse.htm
This is not about listening versus DBT. Many have listened and heard no difference, others have listened and do. The question is if a fuse can make a difference, why? And can you get one for less than $39. The Acme is interesting as it has many of the design features of the HiFi Tuning, including the close tolerance tube for the filament, and cryo'ed as well, all for $12. I'm sure that being commited to listening rather than accepting theory, you'll want to try them and compare them with the Isocleans and Hi-Fi Tunings. The sand-filled ceramic approach also seems to have an understable justification for reliability and possibly vibration damping that might make a difference. If the $39 fuses do sound better than the Acme, fine, they'll justifiably find their market, if the Acme are just as good or better, I'll save the $27 x 6 to fuse my system. Neil, thanks for the link.