Gimbal vs unipivot tonearms

Curious as to the difference between these types of arms. In my experience, it seems as if unipivots are much more difficult to handle.

Is it like typical debates - depends on the actual product design/build or is one better sounding or less expensive or harder to set up....?
sokogear
Could be (I wonder what material can go through a printer not subject to heat), but $4K is quite expensive compared to other options. Bottom line - if unipivot was the future, they wouldn't be going in another completely different direction.
You would think that 3D printing would be less expensive as there is very little labor involved. I think the other physical properties of the material they are using would be most important such a density, stiffness, resonance properties, etc. Anything can be damaged by heat if you crank up the temp enough. At any rate using a gimbal set up is a step in the right direction even if it is a plain Jane design. Tri-Planar, Schroder , Reed and Kuzma have all come up with beautiful and novel bearing topography. 
      I've been using a Magnepan Unitrac I, since 1981.

A very low effective mass unipivot, that I've always used with fairly high-compliance carts.  (ie: two Denon 103d's, Dynavector 17D3, Soundsmith Aida)

It's my opinion: Physics would dictate, with a lower compliance cart, the stiffer suspension would tend to cause vibration migration, up the lightweight arm tube and resultant chatter in the unipivot.

The thought makes my teeth hurt.

Can't help but wonder, how many may have tried that and blamed the design?
Mijo, As I recall, the early 3D tonearms from VPI were warping at temperatures where a $4K tonearm, or any tonearm, should not warp.  Like temps reached during shipment or on a very warm day in a non-air conditioned environment.  But they did fix the problem, so far as I know.