Glanz moving magnet cartridges

Hi,

I have just acquired an old Glanz G5 moving magnet cartridge. However, I cannot find out any details about this or the Glanz range or, even the company and its history.

Can anyone out there assist me in starting to piece together a full picture?

Any experiences with this or other Glanz's; web links; set up information etc would be warmly received. Surely someone knows something!

Thanks in hope
dgob
Hi All,

Just to let you all know that I see that there has been some noise made about the Spectral Moving Coil Reference (MCR-1) cartridge on the MM/MI thread. I have an original blue bodied MCR-1 available at present. It served me well for many years.

Sadly, I sent it to a potential buyer in Italy some time ago and he returned it "without" the stylus [Claim? "the infamous Italian postal service"]. Still, it is in perfect condition apart from that and I am certain that Axel could quite easily replace the stylus if anyone is interested. Feel free to contact me and I am certain we can come to some arrangement for its purchase.

As always...
Dear Henry, Ever heard about Polish-Russian 'disputes' or, even worst, the relationship between those damn Croatian traitors with the nobel and brave Serbians? All are counted
as Slavonic but when you ask a Polack:'are you Slavic?' his answer is: 'no I am Catholic'.
As I wrote to you: 'you wounded my pride' by refusing to accept my (top of the line) TK 9CL as present. So you have no right to play with Slavic sentiments.
Dear Vetterone, If somebody else told me this about you my answer would be: 'you have no idea what you are talking about. Our Vetterone is an inventor, open minded guy who
would never state such a strong minded opinion regarding the comparison between one known and some totally unknow cart.'
But the facts are the facts. His curiosity should also be questioned because he refused to exchange one of his plinths which he produce himself for one rare, impossible to get and exceptional cart. I had no idea that the American debts would have such an impact on the (his) human nature.
Of course you could go a buy a Vestax cartridge, a Glanz in drag produced by Mitachi. Mitachi, one of the largest manufacturers for tonearms and cartridges, . specialized for 30 years in this product area and also developed into a major supplier for Technics, Yamaha, Hitachi, Denon, Pioneer, Sony, JVC and Onkyo.
Dear Dover, In Holland 'we' say:'butter by the fish'.
Without any ranking of those Vestax cartridge as well as
some comparison with the 'carts of the month' this looks
like the general statement 'we all are Gods children'.
Strange however that Thuchan , who is a 1/2
Japanese according to Raul, confused Mitachi with Mitsubishi.