Glanz moving magnet cartridges

Hi,

I have just acquired an old Glanz G5 moving magnet cartridge. However, I cannot find out any details about this or the Glanz range or, even the company and its history.

Can anyone out there assist me in starting to piece together a full picture?

Any experiences with this or other Glanz's; web links; set up information etc would be warmly received. Surely someone knows something!

Thanks in hope
dgob
Sorry Nandric,

He has not charged me yet as the gift was unsolicited. I will speak to him soon thought to sort that out.

As always...
Hi Nandric,

If we're (hopefully) done with discussing the Acutex, how are things going with your G5.

I'm still loving mine although I have been listening to it with the line contact stylus of my G7 on it rather than its own original elliptical stylus (which is still in need of a visit to Axel). I do prefer it's performance with its own stylus though.

As always...
Dear Dgob, I think that the Glanz 5 is the best MM cart that I own. To give some idea about the other: AT 180, Signet TK 9 CL, Virtuoso black with boron/super elliptical,
Acutex 420, Stanton 881 S , AKG P8Es VdHul, etc.,etc.
But since 4 days I am busy with my new Benz LP S. The big question is the comparison with Miyabi Standard , Sony XL 88 and the FR-7 (with nude line stylus). To my mind or testes with those 4 last mentioned only the Glanz 5 among the MM kind can compete. So you can easily deduce that I am very happy with 'your' Glanz 5. To put this otherwise:
without your thread I would never buy any Glanz cart.

Regards,
Hi Nandric,

I am genuinely thrilled that the thread helped and that we share this joyous tool and the wondrous music that it helps to unleash. Good luck with the Benz and happy listening.

As always...