Golden ear sub x

I'm looking for an audiophile sub to go with Thiel 3.7?Looking to spend less than 1500.Local dealer told me about Golden ear sub x and raved about it?Isnt this mainly a ht sub?Also thinking about a Sumiko s9,I can get a deal on,maybe later add another?I do what a lot of movies but what 2 channel to sound good also!Dont need it super loud anymore,would be happy with quality over quantity.

corvette01
A Vandy 2w or 2wq would be my choice. Used, you might be able to get a pair of 2w's and the M5-HP crossovers within your budget. Or, you could just get the proper fixed crossovers for your amp's impedance through a Vandy Dealer for a couple hundred bucks. (I recommend Johnny R at Audioconnection- an Agon member).
FWIW, I never found Golden Ear to be the cat's meow, despite all the rave reviews.
Bob
Corvette,

I would look for a sub designed for music usually a sealed design.

I have heard some of the G ear speakers,didn't like them all their gear is primarily designed for Ht in my opinion.

Several good ones out there on the market depending on your budget.

Kenny.
Post removed 
Thanks for responses so far.My system is a pair of Thiel 3.7,Emotiva xpa1s,Integra 80.3 processor,audioquest Columbia interconnects and type 4 wires.I always felt that I was lacking the lowest bass with my Thiels.I started using an old Velodyne servo 12 sub for 2channel.It gave me what I was looking for but is very muddy!Wanted something clean and punchy.i have considered svs ultra 13 also.