Goldmund Studietto repairs

Bought mine in 1986. Not used in years as tracking arm stopped working. Now want to repair. Need a specialty repair/refurb shop. Thanks for suggestions. I'm in Vancouver, BC but won't hesitate to ship. Cheers to record lovers. ( I have a Spectral Cartridge. Will it need refurb?)

ptss

@ptss 

The early Goldmund Studio/Studietto used a Papst motor.

The later Studio/Studietto uses a JVC DD motor.

The tonearm is a dog - you would be better off replacing it with a pivoted arm - much less hassle.

Was in the trade 30 years ago. The JVC motor is more reliable - same motor as used in the JVC QLA75 tt. you can find service manuals for that TT and/or use a JVC QLA75 as a donor.

If the Papst motor goes I think you can retrofit the JVC motor but if I recall correctly a bit of landscaping is required for it to fit.

The TT is definitely worth repairing if possible - I actually preferred the Studietto to the Studio in some ways.

The Studietto with something like an Audiomods tonearm ( not too expensive, but punches well above its weight ) would actually be quite a good TT.

If the motor is going, all you need to do is service it. Clean and lube the bearing.

Services by Marks repairs all kinds of gear that no one else can fix.  I know for a fact that he personally owns 2 Goldmund Studio linear tracking tables.   <MichaelAlanMarks@aol.com>