Good Tube Selection for Atma Sphere S30?

Looking for recommendations on 6SN7 and power tubes that will compliment the OTL wonder of this amplifier.
erfranke
Hello Al, We reject the tube if we see less than about 10M. On some speakers its not such a big deal, but if the amp is used on horns tubes with such leakage are trouble makers.

Its not really that hard to find tubes without leakage (+50 Mohms) if you stay away from the Russians (BTW we *have* seen vintage Russian tubes that work great). So far IME if the tube tests with leakage, that is not going to change over time.
Thanks, Ralph. Excellent info.

What prompted my question is that I am using a matched quad of a highly regarded and expensive current manufacture 6SN7, of Chinese (not Russian) origin, which in some sections of some of the tubes measure as low as 3 or 4 megohms. I won't mention the name, but it is reminiscent of a famous Italian actress :-)

That results in a very slight hum with my VAC amp and 97db speakers. The tubes sound wonderful otherwise, btw. Some vintage CBS tubes I have, which sound poor in comparison, have no measurable leakage and do not produce any hum.

Thanks again. Best regards,
-- Al
If I'm guessing the correct manufacturer it's too bad the curves of the glass envelope of those tubes aren't more reminiscent of the famous Italian actress. They'd be a lot sexier.
Post removed