Grado Sonata Cartridge vs. Rega Ania

I recently listened to a friend’s new Rega P6 turntable/cartridge setup with the Rega Ania MC cartridge.
I was blown away by it’s definition compared to my setup. I use the Grado Sonata cartridge with a significantly modified RP3 Rega turntable, now roughly comparable to the P6.
Has anyone had any experience with the Ania cartridge? I’m seriously considering changing from my Grado MM to it after hearing my friends set. It’s output is 3.5 uV, compared to my 5.0 uV. I’m wondering if that’s too significant a drop in output.
I love the Grado, but I just don’t think it has the definition of the Rega.
Or, can someone suggest another excellent cartridge in the $800 price range?
128x128rvpiano
I really like the older Grado signature cartridge. With an XTZ stylus it is beautiful. Real dependant on VTA & VTF, but once it's dialed in it sounds better than some very respectable MC's IMHO.  
yogiboy,

Good question.
 It’s just that I’ve heard CDs on his system that we’re not that impressive.
And since our turntables are similar, I thought that the cartridge was the variable that is responsible for the improvement.
I could be very wrong, though.
What does SUT stand for?

Can anyone suggest an alternate cartridge to the Sonata that is more detailed, yet good for classical? It can be a MC with transformer or any other type of cartridge in the $600-$800 range.