Greg Kihn

Greg Kihn has passed at the age of seventy-five. He had a great career. RIP.

robert53

@goodlistening64 - Southern California boy? He was originally from Baltimore and then moved to San Francisco in 1974, and was one of the first artists on Berkeley-based Beserkely Records. SF and Berkeley are in Northern California.

Just looked at his Wiki; didn't realize he also wrote some popular horror novels... 

@larsman Yeah, my bad. Growing up in the 80's, I assumed he was from SoCal..for whatever reason. While his music got a fair amount of airplay, there was not a whole lot of ink devoted to him on the east coast. 

Just for fun, I looked up his concert dates back in the 80's and he played as the "opening act" for Bobby and the Midnites, led by Bob Weir in Passaic, NJ in 1984.

He also played at the Tower Theater in Upper Darby, PA in 1983 as the featured act with Thompson Twins as the opening act. 

He also played in the Philly area in 1980 & again in 1981 as an opening act for Cheap Trick and the Tubes. 

So I had opportunities to see him, but in those years I was broke and did not go to concerts unless a group of friends were going and I managed to scrape a few dollars together to get there- which was often- but I could not go to all of them.

I kept most of the ticket stubs from the those days but regret not making it a point to see him.

One other thought, during the early 80's - I was just out of HS - I just "believed" that my rock heroes were my age and only recently figured out that I did not do due diligence. Greg died at 75, making him over 15 years my senior. I also was a big fan of local Philly favorite, Robert Hazard, who died in 2008. After doing some math, I found he was in his early to mid 30's - while I was 19 - and I always believed he was my age. 

Youth is fleeting and I wandered through most of it.