Gryphon Antileon Sig Mono vs Ref One Mono

Has anyone compared these two mono amps from Gryphon. The Ref Ones were supposed to be the best ever amps from Gryphon and no cost is spared in making them. I wonder how they stack up against their latest Antileon Mono.
geshi
Hi Pedro
Which EAR you mean the 864 or the new expensive one?
I was thinking the Cary slp 05.
I owned the Gryphon Reference One amps for a few years. They were very good solid state amps but in comparison to the Lamm ML1.1, which I owned simultaneously, they were a bit coarse. I have 94 dB efficient speakers and it is possible that I was not using the Gryphons with loads where they would really shine compared to other amps (e.g 1-2 Ohm, 82 dB efficient speakers like MBLs). Also, they use an enormous amount of power and my electric bills were sky high; plus here in southern California, it was not possible to use them from May to September due to heat issues (that, or ratcheting my electric bills even higher by turning on the AC, which for me is whole house).

Given the apparently similar design of the Antileon series, I think they (at least in their monoblock signature form) should supercede the Reference Ones.

William
The new expensive one, sorry. The Cary should do fine. Anyway, all my audiophile friends rave about the Audio Research Reference 3. Regards
Pedro
I'm using an ARC Ref 3 with Antileon signature stereo amp and am very happy. I think in most real world situations the monos would add very little. The Ref 3 is VERY synegistic with the Gryphon run, of course, in a balanced set up. - Jim
Aldavis,
Actually, I'm also thinking of the REF 3. Based purely on looks, the MBL 6010 D would be my first choice but I've heard reports saying that it may sound a bit shrill and harsh. Any experience with this MBL pre?