Gryphon Antileon Sig Mono vs Ref One Mono

Has anyone compared these two mono amps from Gryphon. The Ref Ones were supposed to be the best ever amps from Gryphon and no cost is spared in making them. I wonder how they stack up against their latest Antileon Mono.
geshi
Geshi,

I've had both in house for serious listening (you are right, the MBL 6010 is a stunner to look at !). I hooked them up with my ref one mono's and Avalon Eidolon.

The synergy with the Ref 3 is evident, right from the start. Great combination between the natural (however still tuby) sound of the ref 3 and the detailed and natural musicality of the ref ones.

The 6010D is much more analitical and (for me) to harsh. I like a little warmth. When using PAD Dominus (liquid !) IC's and speakercables I came close, but still lacked a little warmth to my taste.

With the right poweramp, I'm sure the 6010 will offer a lot of quality. Razorsharp images, very detailed and dynamic sound.

I also listened to the 6010 on Pass (xa-160's) and MBL poweramps and that was a great match! Altough the Pass was much more warm sounding and the MBL combo very 'fast' and detailed, both matched very well with the 6010D.

So, unless you really like a sharp and ultra detailed sound, I'd go for the Ref 3.

Good luck
Johnpf4, Thanks for your input. I've never heard the MBL's so I couldn't comment. I absolutely love the REF 3 /Antileon Signature combo for the reasons you mentioned. I had a CJ preamp which was very lush. The REF 3 goes as far into the 'detailed side' as I choose to venture without giving up the advantages (to me) of a tube preamp. Any further would be to lean. JMHO - Jim
Johnpf4,
Your comments will be a great help in my decision making. When I buy audio equipment, they must not only sound great, they must also look great. That eliminates a lot of contenders.
Geshi,

I know what you mean. But the Ref 3 is (altough the classic ARC-look) also BIG, bold and impressive !

Please let us know which pre-amp turns out to be your 'nirvana'. Both in sound and looks!

Good Luck
I currently own a pair of Gryphon REF-1 and paired with their Sonata allegro pre. Other sourses are Esoteric XO-1 and B&W N800. The Gryphon Mono's are not overkill, all the reserve power will only give you more height room in the music and they do not need 3-4 hours warming time to sound their best. even on the manual states about 45 mins to reach peak performance. How ever, I do leave the Xo-1 and the Sonata allegro on standby 24-7. The Sonata Allegro is one of the best pre amplifier out there and I have owned a ML 32 and many others alike. With my other sources working with the REF-1, the music is very accurate, not warm or harsh.... only explanation is that it sounds very real and studio like as confirmed by a friend who is also a hi-fi nut and have worked in studio's as sound engineer for 25 years. He have stated my system is the best he has heard, but I just love it because its so musical. If you check out the spec's of the REF-1, you will find that they have more reserve current than even their latest current mono's. Infact, Gryphon still use the REF-1 as we speak. Regards