Has anyone heard FM Acoustics

I have been told by a couple of Audiophiles that the FM Acoustics amplifiers were incredibly good and very expensive. Has anyone had hand-on experiences with these amplifiers? The amp I have heard of most is the Resolution 811. Would this venerable amp still approach the state of the art for solid state?
128x128baranyi
I am quite familiar with their gear. If you are of the school of very expensive equals very good and if you are not very familiar with the sound of live music you will indeed find their gear exceptional and indeed it is in a sort of hi-fi-ish way. It is all what chrbernhard above has said. Compared with the real thing however, to these here ears you'll find more satisfying gear at very much less cost. But then of course, all listening is always subjective.........

"Compared with the real thing however, to these here ears you'll find more satisfying gear at very much less cost."

Hi Detlof,
Could you give us some examples? I'm just asking for you opinion because I like the way your post recognizes that some high end equipment falls short of total satisfaction even though all the usual audiophile quantifiers add up to greatness.
Hi Phaelon,

You state my point much better and more concise as I could have done. What spontaneously comes to mind is the old Jadis gear or the AR preamps, the Sp 8 to 12 and their 78 and 150 amps from the seventies or was it the eighties, the Stax monoblocks, all the Spectrals, the ML 20 monos, the early Krell 100 and 200 and yes most of Tim Paravicinis designs and all the Atmas, just to mention a few. That gear has tons of PRAT, is immensely musical, when set up right.
I have a humble Jolida, which is a bit modded and tube rolled which to my ears sounds more musical than Manuel Hubers gear ever will and if you want to get close to his costs, still quite a bit less though, there is the Zanden chain, which sometimes comes uncannily close to what I know of live music.
The FM Accoustics, like the Goldmund stuff by the way, have sheer perfect specs, perform at a level which seems to have all the attributes we crave for, but somehow they don't involve me in the music. To put it simply, they somehow seem to leave me cold, even bore me. Maybe I need the "distortion of tubes", although please there is also SS gear in my little list.
Cheers,
Thanks Detlof,
I have friends who have sold pretty expensive gear in favor of modded Jolidas. I'm happy you mentioned Paravicinis designs because I've wanted to audition them for a while now. Also, don't let the SS crowd make light of your passion for the "distortion of tubes". An X-Ray of Halle Berry might provide a more accurate, detailed representation but it's not what I would choose to fill a picture frame.
"....there is the Zanden chain, which sometimes comes uncannily close to what I know of live music. "

Absolutely agree!