Has anyone heard the new Rega RP10?

How does it sound compared to the RP8? How does it compare to other TT in it's price range?
bobheinatz
Having big issues with RP10

Detail superb, timbre good, but has collapsed soundstage into one flat thin dimensionless layer, no slam, no dynamic punch, compared to other TT through Totem Dreamcatchers NAIT5i 2, which was sensational but lacked, guess what? Timbre and detailed resolution, with the same cart, BTW.

RP10 sitting on 10Kg of granite slab set into Target equipment frame. Getting the impression it doesn't like high mass low compliance carts as I had to whack the playing weight up for the DV20X2L compared to the Jelco 750D in other TT.

Not thrilled, at all.
Take it off the granite and put it on the cardboard box it came in on a shaky little table .
Regas like ligth tables to support them or try the Rega shelf. Heavyweight granite is sucking the life out of it. I learned this with my previous P9.
Buconero 117,

There you go again comparing a 300.00 turntable to a 6000.00 TT. Are you a paid spokesman for the company?
I always thought Rega's philosophy for placing their turntables was on a light, rigid platform. That is also my experience having owned and sold Rega's through the years.

By placing on a solid, heavy piece of granite, you may be sucking the life out of the sound. Try a lighter platform like an IKEA Lack table top or similar, just a suggestion.