Have you ever been turned off by an Arrogant Dealer? Thoughts

I have and it's extremely disappointing 

calvinj
Post removed 

Joel - right on man. Lots of good dealers and people. Looking forward to catching up w Bruce at Stereo Unlimited, dropping off some hooch for his holiday. Flipping thru the Blue Notes on offer, grubbing in the used gear, .....

I’ve had the experience at a certain store here and have declined to give that store my business, their loss. I find it interesting, here at least locally, you can have all the money in the world, but walk in wearing sweatpants, a Tshirt, sandals, with NY baseball cap and you will be totally ignored. Go back in a week, wearing slacks, shoes, nice shirt and they are all over you in a heartbeat. Due to my taste in fashion a few places and sales people have lost a very good cash sale.

Yes to some degree - it is paramount to work with a dealer that you trust and vibe with. Now for a little story.

When as was around 12yo or so I was starting to get into music an had a very modest system in my bedroom. Basically a Zenith Mini Wedge with Zenith Allegro speakers

One day i was out shopping with mom and she wanted to go to this cosmetics shop . Having no interest i walked down the a stereo shop at the end of the plaza. They welcomed me and showed me around and let me listen to a system consisting of Mark Levinson electronics, Thonres turntable, and Magnepan speakers. Wow. I knew this hobby was for me. I then listened to a system with Threshold amps and Tandberg electronics.

The thing is they took time with this "kid" who clearly had no cash and introdcued me to the hobby. Within a few weeks the parents bought me a system for my bedroom from this delaer and I remianed a customer thru my teenage years buying a variety of gear during that time.

Then in collage, we had a delaer in down that sold Wilson, YBA and other hard to find gear but the systems I fell in love with were a full stack Cello system and one based around Martin Logan Quest speakers. I was a customer  for years till he decided to to get out of the business.

Once I find a dealer I try to stay loyal to them for the long hall and it has worked out for me for the most part.