Have you ever deceived your wife-audio purchase

This could lead to a hysterical thread. How many audiophiles have come home with an expensive amp/preamp/and told their wife they bought it for practically nothing? Only to have paid 3-4K they had in their private stash? How many audiophiles have secretly installed a new "toy" in their audio system thinking their wife wouldn't notice. My old girlfriend thought anything beyond a boombox was excessive. Whenever I would upgrade my system,I would come up with some far fetched tale(lie) Would love to hear your story.......
krelldog
O.k., now that we found that we're not alone in this shadowy world of double dealing and strechting the truth, I think we need to start a support group for when we do get caught? and you will one day. Me, I'm lucky, I can't afford 3 or 4 thousand for a component, so when I do get caught it's only over something that cost a couple of hundred. which is usally one days overtime, aleast thats how I explain were the money came from.
I begged and pleaded for six months before I got permission to buy my $2200 Paradigm Studio 100 speakers last month.

Then I made a rookie mistake, she found the receipt for $400 worth of cables.

I haven't had any sex since. sigh. Worth it, though.
chalkme, that's priceless, LOL.

I'm thinking of upgrading my amp and pre. We recently had our second child and let's just say sex has not been a concern for some time. Now I'm thinking I may be able to withhold it in order to convince her about the upgrade...
Mghcanuck,

You must be THE MAN!!!

I weigh 275lbs, she said that if I could get down to 220 and save my money, then I can get a new amp. Needless to say I'm starving myself right now.