Help me to choose turntable below 1600$.

Audio components -
Fostex TH900 - WA7
Price: Below 1600$.
Genres: Electronic/Metal

aeinstein
@helomech
Everytime someone mentions a PLX-1000 on these threads, the Technics owner brigade feels the need to sling false claims about these tables, like you did regarding the mass. They also feel the need to slander the Pioneer on a purely subjective basis, claiming the Technics is better without citing facts or reasons. It’s like you Technics owners can’t stomach the existence of this $699 look-alike table, as though it’s a threat to your manhood.

It’s hard to resist when many manufacturers just copy the classic SL1200mk2 design with minor changes. The reson they do that is a pro market demand, when nobody want to use anything different that classic SL1210mk2 (mk3D or similar) in the clubs, radiostations etc. This is just a pro tool, absolutely no needs for higher torque. But the weak points of Sl12100mk2 is the feets, wiring and tonearm. Therefore people who cares about the sound quality uses Isonoe Feets, Cardas or Discovery Wires, Fluid Dampers for stock tonearm, some people use external power supply, some people evern replace the stock tonearm for something better. The upgraded SL1200mk2 is far better than stock Pioneer PLX-1000 which is OK turntable (i did tried it). As i said earlier the Pioneer turntables like the PL-70LII or their fabulous P-3 are amazing, but they don’t want to make those as the Pioneer nowadays makes stuff for DJs only (pro market only). And you can ask yourself why each manufacturer on pro market just copy Technics design? Because this is a standard and everybody happy about the standard, that’s why it is a standard. Used SL1200mk2 (silver) or SL1210mk2 (back) can be purchased for $300 everyday and all replacement parts are available for peanuts like for the Ford car.

It’s a honor to be a Technics owner brigade, but my favorite turntable is Luxman PD-444.

Another vote for Sota from this very happy owner.  Here's something in that vein:  https://www.audiogon.com/listings/turntables-sota-sapphire-ii-2017-06-16-analog-60010-1510-barringto...  Freshly refurbished & one of the best out there at any price.  The price on this one is good enough that you can put something like this on it and stay close to your budget:  https://www.audiogon.com/listings/tonearms-clearaudio-unify-9-2017-06-14-analog-m33-5ba--2.  If you're patient, you might even be able to pick up a Graham 2.2 or other VTA-on-the-fly arm that will seriously out-perform a lot of much more expensive stuff when mounted on the Sapphire.

Good luck & happy listening!
Not sure what to think about the latest $4000 Technics TT, but the older 1200's, 1300's, 1400's, are nothing but junk. Pure crap in my estimation. Simply because I had owned this stuff years ago. Probably good enough for DJ's or pro users with tin ears. not for serious audiophiles....
I think we are off subject for the op, but I do believe that the modded Technics are better than the Pioneer, I've never opened a Pioneer, but I've been in many Technics.... As I mentioned earlier,  I have a Technics SP25 for sale and it uses SL1200 as its base.... When you mod these tables,  you can take a look at each piece of the table killing resonances, improving wiring & when re assembling,  aligning everything correctly and really bolting things down for solidity... So, yes a modded Technics is no doubt better than the Pioneer that is proven to have a few quirks.... However, I am very curious at what I might end up with if I dismantled the Pioneer and took a look at what could be done. The Pioneer may have a bearing issue that needs to be checked on every table,  but I've looked this table over and it is no slouch. Not sure that this helps at all, but.....
OP, the most expensive Rega table that you can afford is the correct answer. If you value correct full body sound. My favorite turntable at any price is the Michell Gyro SE however, with a Rega tonearm.