Help me to choose turntable below 1600$.

Audio components -
Fostex TH900 - WA7
Price: Below 1600$.
Genres: Electronic/Metal

aeinstein
@timlub 

I have a Technics SP25 for sale and it uses SL1200 as its base.... When you mod these tables, you can take a look at each piece of the table killing resonances, improving wiring & when re assembling, aligning everything correctly and really bolting things down for solidity... 

In all Technics line of auidiophile turntables i like the SP-20 as it's simply the same size as the SP-10mk2, but the SP-20 has its unique wrinkle black finish. I took a picture of my SP-20.  In my opinion this is the way to go if the SP-10mk2 is too expensive. I have both in my collection, but this wrinkle black finish of the SP-20 is so attractive when paired with the Technics EPA-100 mk2 Boron tonearm. 
@chakster,

I don't know where you're finding used 1200s, but the only ones I ever see going for less than $400 look like they fell out of a gig van a few dozen times.
I have a new ProJect 2Experience SB turntable with a blue point MC cartridge which is in your price range around 1400-1500 and it looks great - comes with a cover as well.  Depends what kind of sound you like to listen to and this combination is more mellow.  Very happy with it.  Having bought this - I might go one step up turntable from this model- or try a slightly more revealing cartridge but it is very musical and pleasing and with older records - it doesn't highlight their condition with tons of pops etc. 
 Make your life easier and choose a Technics 1600/1700/1900 series direct drive or Dual 1200 series. Get a Yamaha preamplifier from the 80s and you'll still have some money left for a decent cartridge. Old cartridge body and new JICO stylus if you can't find the original. You really don't want to be messing with dropping the needle and picking up the arm every 20 mins or so. Enjoy the music and the sound as it was intended to be!
Post removed