Help with CD Player

Hello fellow music lovers,

I am new to the site and need some help to find a new CD player.

I have been to many local store to listen to different player, but most are out of my price range. Most of the stores only carry the very high end products.

Looking for a musically sound but well built CD player for $1500. Please give me some suggestions.

Thanks,

Jazzpiano
jazzpiano
First off, what is it that you consider missing from your current CD player?

Not knowing exactly what deficiency you're looking to correct, I would consider a Sony XA7ES or XA777ES (this can do SACD as well). They're built like a tank and sound good, and should be available on the used market from $1000-1200 or so.

Other options include DAC's to use with your current player and possibly computer-based audio in the future. Some considerations would be an Electrocompaniet ECD-1, Benchmark, and Bel Canto DAC3.

You're willing to spend $1500, but for a fraction of that you could have a Music Hall CD-25, which is a very strong player for the money. There are also upgrade modifications available for it that supposedly make it even stronger. It's a great bang for the buck.

Michael
Hello, thank you for all the great response. My CD transport is not tracking well and I do have a DAC, from Enlightened Audio, very old DAC.

What are your takes on CD players with a tube output stage? Has anyone heard them? You feedback is appreciated.

thanks,
buy a refurb sony 595 for $60 from sonystyle, listen and then send it back, or put your $1440 in the bank, and smile. This will change your audio life.
I own 2 tubed players- Raysonic 128 -highly recommended! Jolida JD 100 - I have a modded one-if you can get a modded one it's a budget-player king on the used market.

I also own the Bryston BCD-1 which is an excellent solid state player. At a 1500 budget I'd be looking for a used Raysonic.