Help with this RB300

Hi folks,

I just got a Rega RB300 for my Kenwood KD500, and I have NO clue how to take the old arm off and put this one on. I'm really in the dark here. Can anyone point me to a step by step guide? I also don't have any of the tools, protractors, etc that are needed to set up a cartridge on the arm. What do I do?

Thanks!
128x128lousyreeds1
Before you think about taking the old arm off, you need to be sure you can mount the new one. I don't know the Kenwood you have--I went to see your system pics but the top deck design is not clear.

Basically, arms have different mounting systems, as you know. The size and position of the hole in which the arm is mounted is critical. If your turntable deck has a removable section reserved for the arm, you're in luck. You can take the piece off and redrill it, or replace it with a new one if the old one can't be reworked.

How does the Kenwood's arm mount to the top deck of the turntable? Is there a separate arm board or is it all one piece?

The RB300 is supplied with a mounting template and instructions (although Rega says these are for the dealer). Did you get them with yours?
Hi there,

I'll try to post some detailed pictures of the old arm/table tonight. I asked on the forums a few weeks ago and was told that it would work if I got a spacer (still need to do that). I don't have the instructions or mounting template, which is why I'm asking for help here.

The Kenwood has a separate armboard. I would like not to redrill it if possible as I'm borrowing the table from a friend. Am I screwed?

Thanks!
no offense, but you totally didn't do your homework here, and it sort of sounds like you shouldn't attempt this by yourself. just taking someone's word for it isn't enough. you need to obtain instructions, a template, and the necessary tools. find out the spindle to pivot distance for the rega and measure on the table to see if the armboard will need re-drilling. just ask your friend if he/she would mind your alterations. it's an older table and better sound will result if this is done correctly. hey, i wouldn't mind. or you could have a new armboard made and drilled for the rega to attain proper alignment. find someone experienced with this type of thing to lend a hand. the old "see one, do one, teach one" approach is a good one. best of luck.