HeresysIII at low Volume

I have been wanting to try the Heresys with my PassLabs
XA-30.5 class a amp n XP-20 Preamp... I would like a
speaker that sounds good at low Volumes...I listen to a
lot of Jazz n Vocals...can anyone tell me what speakers
sound good at lower volumes...if any...Thank You..henrycai
128x128henrycai
Henrycai, It all depends on the size of your listening room and how far you sit from the speakers. I use the P3ESR(sensitivity a low 82 DB) with 50 watt tube amps with no problem. My room size is 20x15. I have used larger floor standing Spendors with no problem. I have used big solid state amps in the past and I think power is way overated. BTW, what is the size of your room?
If you dampen the mid horn, (and, dampen the tweeter horn), the benefit of louder listening will be improved. The entire front baffle becomes less resonant. Listening improves at lower volume as well. MrD.
I will have to agree about the Heresy III's at low volumes. I own Heresys and Heresy II's and both sound great a lower volumes. IMO, both are not too picky about amp matching as I have used many different integrateds, seperates, and receivers with both pairs with great results.

Bill
Yogiboy, were i live now is bigger...but i plan on moving n don't know what size room i will have...plus a lot of these apartments have living room n dining room togeather...I went to the Harbeth site n like what i read about the 3 n 7ES....sounds good...these will be at the top of my list...Thank You....Also MRD, Thank you for ur input on the Heresys...being that they donot cost a lot i may try them also...because i really would like to hear what a horn speaker sounds like...Thank You Everyone for ur input....henrycai