High end Class D amps?

Just an observation and a question. Are there 'high end' Class D amps out there that are just as good as Class A, A/B amps? I realize that's a sensitive question to some and I mean no disrespect---but whenever I see others' hifi systems on social media, all of the amps are A or A/B. There's always Pass, McIntosh, Moon, Luxman, Accuphase, etc. Where are the Class Ds? For folks out there that want more power for less efficient speakers and can't afford the uber expensive Class As, A/Bs, what is there to choose from that's close to those brands? Thanks
bluorion
Prior to reviewing,  I owned two PS Audio HCA-2 units. Sold them not too long after because A and A/B kicked its ass. Now, it's reversed and class D is kicking ass on other classes of amps. It's going to be carnage. 
Got to say, the PuriFi class D amps I got from Apollon sound REALLY good. Clear and detailed without any edge.
@mike_in_nc,Apollon seems to be a great choice for PuriFi based amps. What was the amp it replaced? Any comparison that you can share?
@milpai - The Apollons haven't replaced my other amp yet; I'm still deciding. They and the Bryston 4B3 are really nice amps, so it's not simple. Their gains are different, and since I have subs in the system, it's not trivial to swap one in and the other out while keeping levels constant. Indeed, it's proven to be more fiddling and fussing than I'm up for. The experience gives me appreciation of what audio reviewers deal with.

That said, things I notice about the Apollon amps are
  • Extremely quiet and neutral
  • More detail, with none of the etch or glare that can accompany that; for example, I'm pinpointing instruments in ensembles better and hearing lyrics more clearly
  • The Apollons seem better control the treble, possibly because of less interaction with my electrostatic main speakers
  • Both the Bryston and the Apollons have great imaging and soundstaging; both have great bass
  • I have a tendency to listen louder with the Apollons. Why? Is that good or bad? I don't know!
So, it's proven more difficult than I expected to form a definite preference. Maybe that itself says something useful -- I hope so.

@mike_in_nc ,Thank You for the prompt response. Based on what you mentioned, I think you are listening "louder" to the Apollons, (maybe) because they are so clean?! I think that is indeed good.Are the Apollons warm/cool compared to the Bryston?
One point I read with great interest was the "electrostatic main speakers". What speakers are those? Class D in general are accused of not being able to handle 2 ohm loads. Does your speaker dip to that level? If it was me, I do not care for numbers. If the amp is able to drive the speakers my speakers to level I like, I am happy.BTW your feedback is VERY helpful.