Higher End DACs

I am looking for a DAC (potentially streamer&DAC) to be paired in a mcintosh system (c1100/611). Its my first foray into digital streaming and I have no need for a CD player.

I see a lot of love for Esoteric, however, most seems to be around their transports? Are they not as renowned for pure digital streaming and/or standalone DACs? I see DCS (for instance) often referenced for standalone DACs - how does Esoteric compare?
ufguy73
I have heard a Kalista Dreamplay Stream which was very good. I think it haa both streaming and dac and sells for about $20k.
If you go with the Esoteric streamer/dac the top of their line is the N-01XD. The older version is the N-01 they are built around different DAC's. The N01 uses an AKM 4497 chip which is a few years old AKM 's newest chip is the 4499. The N01XD uses what looks like a proprietary FPGA Esoteric developed, their Master Sound Discrete DAC. I have no idea which would sound better or the prices I happened  to notice the recently came out with this new piece might get a deal on the N-01. 
Cal3713 thanks for the info I have been wondering about the Matrix ElementX as it  is a one piece streamer/ dac. I use a benchmark dac3 now which some consider very neutral and not very engaging, they both use ESS chips,  which is what I look for I like the dac to not add anything, flat, neutral, no noise,  great measurements sounds good to me.
As far as streamers, you should give Innous a serious look.  Innous has streamers ranging from ~$1,200 Zen Mini MK3 to the Zenith Statement at ~$13,000.