Higher End DACs

I am looking for a DAC (potentially streamer&DAC) to be paired in a mcintosh system (c1100/611). Its my first foray into digital streaming and I have no need for a CD player.

I see a lot of love for Esoteric, however, most seems to be around their transports? Are they not as renowned for pure digital streaming and/or standalone DACs? I see DCS (for instance) often referenced for standalone DACs - how does Esoteric compare?
ufguy73
Post removed 
I have to limit my comments to the discussion above to why the Extreme has 48 gigs of RAM. 

When one installs the maximum number of RAM sticks to utilize all of the available RAM data channels you can hear an audible boost in SQ.  We are pretty confident its the lowering of thread execution latency when all RAM data channels are being used that delivers the audible uptick.  The smallest size RAM stick you can buy today is 4GB.  The Extreme mobo has 12 RAM data channels, 6 for each CPU so that's why the Extreme ends up with 48 GB of RAM.

What's interesting is when turntable manufacturers go to extreme lengths to deliver improvements in sound, it's pretty much universal accolades

With a server, we get so many dingbats and ridicule for pulling the stops out, but we are not complaining as the Extreme can sing for itself ;-)

With a server, we get so many dingbats and ridicule for pulling the stops out, but we are not complaining as the Extreme can sing for itself ;-)

there are infinitely more so-called digital experts than analog ones. everyone has a computer. the odds of stumbling over one are strong. especially the one’s who already know everything.

it requires an open mind and open ears to move the reference forward.
You must have a lousy internet provider soundtest to have enough latency to interfere with your music streaming. I can ping Baidu in China from the southeast US  from a wireless tablet between 79ms to 83ms. If your home network has enough Lan activities causing noise get yourself a $50 netgear managed switch and put your streamer on a VLAN giving it priority. I wouldn't worry to much with latency unless you start getting dropouts and yes it's good to have an open mind I try to learn as much as I can but as the saying goes try not to let your mind be so open your brains fall out. 
Post removed