Higher End DACs

I am looking for a DAC (potentially streamer&DAC) to be paired in a mcintosh system (c1100/611). Its my first foray into digital streaming and I have no need for a CD player.

I see a lot of love for Esoteric, however, most seems to be around their transports? Are they not as renowned for pure digital streaming and/or standalone DACs? I see DCS (for instance) often referenced for standalone DACs - how does Esoteric compare?
ufguy73
Hi @david_ten 

You listed a few SOTA servers in there, which are all top of the line best there is!

IMO, part of the digital chain is server, then streamer, right before DAC. Obviously, if the DAC has a built in network bridge (LAN), that IS your streamer, so you only have to worry about the server.

Further, and of course IMHO, you should try a top class server/ streamer combo, feeding your SDV 3100 via its USB input. And with the new Innuos PhoenixUSB reclocker (albeit more than a reclocker), there has never been a better time. After I had the PhoenixUSB in my chain for a few days, downstream of my ZENith MK3, I sold them both! Now you may wonder why....

The PhoenixUSB was so good, and so effective, that I went ahead and got myself an Innuos Statement!

One more observation from my own experience at my system: adding a PhoenixUSB to my. ZENith MK3, made a substantially more positive impact relative to replacing the ZENith MK3 / PhoenixUSB combo with the Statement. However, I do NOT regret doing this. An improvement, small or big, is still an improvement 

pS. Just updated my virtual system in here
It is nice to know that other people are realizing we really know our stuff concerning high end digital.

We have been extolling the audibile improvements of a high end server for many years now. The sound quality of each improvement, Zenith, Zenith + Phonix, and then Statment are audible.

At this time we have three referenence servers at our shop: the Baetis Reference, the Laufer Technik Memory Player and the Innous products.

It is quite remarkable that all three devices do indeed sound different.

We are still on the look out for a new server line that can do DSD 1024 for use with our T+A SDV 3100.

For the Statement users replacing the stock umbilicals with custom ones made by the Chord company we are a dealer for these, also makes a noticable improvement in the sound of the Statment.

Also Critical Mass Center Stage footers produce another very audibile jump in performance.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ T+A, Innous, Chord, Crtitical Mass, dealers
iFi Pro iDSD claims to do DSD1024 and costs $2.5k.  Dave you sell that one too, right?
Post removed 
@david_ten  I received delivery of the SD3100 HV yesterday. The dealer tried to setup the SD3100 HV with the Tidal apps but fail to do so. He told me to used the Tidal in the T + A apps with is very slow and not user friendly. Kindly teach me step by step to setup the SD3100 with the Tidal apps many thanks for your help.