How do you listen?

I listen to a lot of (classical) music. Most of the time I try to listen at concert hall volumes (really loud) so as to try and recreate the feeling I have  being in the hall.  But  recently I’ve discovered I can get satisfaction listening at moderate levels.  There is a certain relaxed quality to listening this way, and sometimes I think I hear more of what’s in the music.
How do you listen?
128x128rvpiano
Maghister is on to something. Volume needs to experience music fully are very room acoustics and system dependent.
This is ELEMENTARY acoustic....Thanks for your observation...

The volume of each set of frequencies vary ALSO with the pressures zones distribution of the room for an acoustician and do not vary only with linear distance and angular distance from the speakers.......

The general volume vary with his hands playing with the volume control of the gear only for a children...

Confusing the two is ridiculous...
Concert levels are terrific, but lower volumes are best for longer listening periods. The way Audyssey manages lower levels when correctly set satisfies me and provides to same frequency response as full volume.
I play the music as loud as the situation allows. 

6am and the family still sleeping?  low and turn off the subwoofer.
Middle of the afternoon and no one is home?  all the way to eleven.

Last week I attended a Beethoven fourth symphony concert at Verizon hall in Philadelphia. The sound levels in the upper balcony center where I was peaked in the 70 to low 80 dB range. I found it comfortable and enjoyable and that is about the same level that I like to listen to at home for a symphony. Chamber music is played quieter. Sounds like this agree with several of you.