How does Berning ZH270 compare to Cary Cad211 AE ?

My system consists of Merlin VSM-MX, Cary cad 211 AE, Velodyne DD12, Aesthetix Calypso, Rega P9 with Konrapunkt C, ASR Riaa and all Valhalla cabling. I’m also experimenting with some DAC/PC stuff.

I wonder if the Berning is up to or par with Cad211AE. I’m very sensitive to hum and noise. Is the ZH270 noisier?

I have just ordered a ZH270 for test from Denmark, this because of no imports to Norway.
nr9
Nice description with the cars, Tomryan.

Today I’m using Valhalla all over. I now understand that these cables will not make good synergy with ZH and MX because of these components high resolving nature. I can image how wrong this combination will go.

So, if you should choose a musical, open, airy and LISTENING FRIENDLY cable with enough weight, what was your first choice then?
I hear ya Tom. So where is that car for everyman? You gotta have at least 2.

Nr9 -you got my choice. As Allan Bhagan told me before listening the first time, it's like crack, it you don't plan on getting hooked don't try it. It worked out that way for me. So far as bass weight, that is more of an issue with speaker cables than ic's and I'm still with copper for now. I heard the Stereovox reference speaker cables once at Montreal last year and there was absolutely no issue with the bass in that system.

I think the issue isn't the highly resolving nature of the products in question as much as the Esotar tweeter in the implementation Bobby has it. I'm sure the Vahallas may work quite well with other higly resolving speakers just not Merlins.
Stereovox is not sold in Norway. How does Kimber cables compare? Is Audience Au24 or Cardas GC a better choice than Kimber?
Nr9,
Cardas GR is a much better choice w/this gear than Kimber. Kimber is more appropriate w/gear that is lacking in transparency. Cardas is much more relaxed, w/o losing details. Au24 is good too, but not quite as natural sounding IMHO. FWIW, I sold my au24 to move up to Cardas GR. Other Cardas models aren't recommended here. There are many comments on these cables w/Merlin & Berning in the archives. Cheers,
Spencer
Nr9, very much interested in your thoughts of the Cary vs. the Berning. Let us know.