How Science Got Sound Wrong

I don't believe I've posted this before or if it has been posted before but I found it quite interesting despite its technical aspect. I didn't post this for a digital vs analog discussion. We've beat that horse to death several times. I play 90% vinyl. But I still can enjoy my CD's.  

https://www.fairobserver.com/more/science/neil-young-vinyl-lp-records-digital-audio-science-news-wil...
128x128artemus_5

andy2900 posts12-16-2019 7:07pmWe all know the fate of any thread when people actually argue about what is "science". As they always say, ... yeah good luck with that. I think I'll go watch my paint drying.  

I guess when people cannot form coherent arguments against a concept that does not coincide with their world-view, they have to attack the underlying basis of how that concept was derived.  Sort of weird here, as it appears to be an attempt to use science in a very anti-science attack.
Science doesn't say there are no facts and all is theories. There are plenty of facts, theory explains them. Let go of a ball from the top of a building it falls  because of gravity that's  a fact, a theory tells us why, the current working theory of gravitation is Einstein's  general theory of relativity. 
I think you are not wrong...I apologize and wish you a good paint drying...My best to you....
I wish I was wrong sometimes ... unfortunately the God won't let me.  I've got to be right and suffer through life and face death in the face occasionally lols.  Hey, may be there's a pill for that.  

I guess when people cannot form coherent arguments against a concept that does not coincide with their world-view, they have to attack the underlying basis of how that concept was derived. Sort of weird here, as it appears to be an attempt to use science in a very anti-science attack.
Thanks to some of the posters in here, I realize that you can argue just about anything, some actually did it for pure pleasure and hubris and self indulgence. I though "science" was a done deal, but this thread shows otherwise. Now I have to think twice before drinking water because apparently science could be wrong and I have to think if water is good for my health.

I though "science" was a done deal, but this thread shows otherwise. Now I have to think twice before drinking water because apparently science could be wrong and I have to think if water is good for my health

Even though you thought otherwise, science has never been a done deal...in fact as a collective endeavor one of its strengths has always been an insatiable curiosity that forces it to move forward and morph into different forms...it is not as most people think a quasi-religion that has a credo chiseled into stone and absolutely inviolable. The who, the what, and the why always changes.

And by the way drinking water, even the most pure water, has its problems...

However, drinking too much water can also be dangerous. Overhydration can lead to water intoxication. This occurs when the amount of salt and other electrolytes in your body become too diluted. Hyponatremia is a condition in which sodium (salt) levels become dangerously low

Which btw has become a problem among endurance athletes ( there is even a TED talk dedicated to this problem )....who thought, like you, drinking water is , uhhh, just drinking water.