How to restart tube amp and pre in boxes for 2yrs

I want to start listening to music again i have Sonic Line 3 SFS 80 and i was told to be careful before i plug in listen anybody have any idea wether it is true i have to recharge the amp and pre before using Ill wait for some answers before doing anything tks for any advises
frencowboy
wow the last 2 comments are way over my head. But tonight after i come back from my dance class i will do what Elizabeth told me. tks to all and i hope to enjoy my records soon Daniel
For those of you with Plinius amps(the old one's anyway), a load is needed. Don't ask how I know.
Larryi..That sounds hard to believe. I would think the line fuse would blow before the diodes short out. Most manufacturers use rectifier diodes that are at least two times higher in current than are needed. That being said, as AC line voltage goes up current draw goes down and vice versa. So running your tube amp for a while at half voltage is not a good idea. This is partly the reason why I pull the output tubes before running an amp up on a variac and never exceed 110Vac on my variac and always on the advise of the manufacturer. I always set the voltage on my variac using an accurate DVM, note where that is on the variac dial as it varies with line voltage fluctuations, and then shut the variac off, and set the variac back to zero before I plug the amp into it. I carefully monitor the plate voltage at the output tube socket and compare it to the circuit diagram to make sure I'm not exceeding that voltage. I don't recommend doing this if you don't have expertise in measuring high voltage equipment. These voltages can be lethal. One other thing...If the amp has a start up relay and/or ramp up circuit at start up, that's a whole different kettle of fish and I would suggest contacting the manufacturer before attempting to power it up using a variac. Always make sure the amp is fused with the proper value. Apologies to anyone I may have bored.
"as AC line voltage goes up current draw goes down and vice versa"

This is most definately wrong - read up on ohm's law and do the math.