I find this so strange

The company Fine Sounds that owns Mcintosh, Audio Research, Sonus Faber and other lines have changed their name to House of Mcintosh. This seems strange for a company to do this when they carry other lines. It would be like Chevrolet changing their name to House of Corvettes.
taters
Sounds like a good move to me. The company seems to be in the hands of audio people, not investors. The McIntosh brand has the highest public profile in their stable, so why not try to leverage it. I hope they succeed.
@ Taters and Jea48...
I was making a joke, "World of McIntosh" sounds so cheap, so common. Kind of like "Gary's Auto World," a large car dealership.

To Jea48...
As you say, it makes sense that Charlie Randall was involved with the name change. IMO, a bad name and not a good marketing strategy for their other brands, falling to a second tier under their umbrella.
ARC is not a familiar name to the general public like McIntosh, but it is one of the world's elite manufacturers of HiFi gear.

OTOH, great news that they will be based here. I also like the opening of a B&M store in NYC. It has the SoHo address, but away from the fashionistas on a very cool street with cafes and bistros.

There are going to be a lot of shocked visitors when they see a $30K amplifier.
http://www.twice.com/news/audio/world-mcintosh-opens-first-experience-center/59357
I agree with one of the comments- McIntosh is most likely the one brand name within the stable that has the most recognition outside of the sphere of audiophiles. So they now have place in Soho. Call it World of McIntosh and you'll get traffic through the store, more so than call it Wadia World or Fine Sounds.

If is leveraging the most well known brand name and from a marketing point of view, a solid move.

What do the other companies under the umbrella think? If it moves product they should be delighted.
Lostbears, a question for you;
I agree with your observations on the new ARC models, (and notice that the "Audio Research" logo is hidden).

The ARC REF3 is the classic ARC design and the Reference 5SE still says pure ARC, but a more modern design. In your opinion, can the parent company influence ARC's chief designer to make such radical changes to the company's design? It would be changing their brand (or is that the goal?).

ARC isn't going to have their own identity with the logo removed from the faceplate.

I don't know. The logo does seem to be getting smaller. I believe there is a lot of pressure from above. ARC use to have parts for almost everything they ever made. This does not seem to be the case anymore.

The Ref 5se is the last true Audio Research looking Ref preamp. I was never really thrilled with some of the ARC designs. In my opinion the last truly good looking Ref preamp was the Ref 2mk2. I never saw the need for the display and I hated the plastic buttons on the Ref 3 and the Ref 5. But they were all clearly Audio Research. The new Mc-afide ARC pieces remind me of a Japanese imitation Harley. Just a bad copy of Mcintosh's styling. I don't see ARC deciding to do this on their own.

It just bothers me. I am not the Japanese imitation Harley type. I prefer the real thing.