I'll welcome myself back after a brief hiatus

Well, guys I completely lost my hearing in one ear so I ending up putting all my stereo rigs in the closet. Then I started to think about a mono rig. I stacked my Lintons from my TV setup on top of each other and it worked out pretty good. So I ordered a Tekton Perfect Set 2-12. Mostly because its a big box and has the tweeter at ear level. Now I had something. I’m still playing around but I’m running with a Antique Audio six-pac and a cheap Parasound preamp for now. so far so good.

128x128russ69

@quickjack1234 ,

Thanks for the long and detailed explanation. I'm ahead of you however. I have a cochlear implant for my SSHL (single sided hearing loss). I'm not happy with the results, I think a BAHA would have been better for me. My implant sounds like an underwater transatlantic transmission with a poor connection and a busted tuna can for a speaker.

I actually bought a BAHA that slips over my ears, It sounds reasonable but I don't use it often. I should wear it more. I'm not wearing my implant at all. Probably wont unless I lose all hearing. Thanx for the post.

oh ok i  wowo a cochlear for single sided ? well gosh is yours by cohlear ? i thought hey had made more advances! ( in quality )  so the coclear goes to deaf side ? how much do you have left  in good ear ? my bro has 40% 
yes a real baha sounds better the surgery is pretty simple now i hear the kind w/a stud in skull must be better than clamp on you can still get a baha on deaf side 
kind regards i should review your old posts thx 

Yeah living in NY,You rode the subways which were very loud.You got to go to concerts and sit up close ,I mean front row.then your friends are yelling at you during the ride home on the subway. Now you go home and it's late so you have to put your head phones on and turn up the volume. So now at 72 I guess I know whh my hearing ,ain't what it used to be...lol.