Incognito rewire problem

I have installed the Incognito tonearm rewire on a RB 250 Rega arm with the Origin structural mod.There seems to be an earthing problem as I have a continuous and loudish background hum not present at all previously.Checked the wires in the tonearm and base,they are not broken.Could it be the cartridge? A Sumiko Pearl that now hums when near the Planar 2 motor.Thanks,any help appreciated.stefanl
stefanl
I believe that installation of the Incognito kit is different for the RB 250 than other arms in the Rega series.You don't have to take it apart just remove the end stub and the base,thread wire through and fix in new base and replace stub.It should be O.K.I am dubious about the wiring itself though, as it was humming like crazy when the tonearm passed over the motor.
Hope the end stub comes off easy on the 250. Because on the 300/600/900/1000 - most of them are glued on very tightly. I don't trust anyone unscrewing those subs w/out putting pressure on the arm. The incognito is a bad design- period.
Best of luck to you.
I have just heard from my dealer and he says the the problem was that I had not "tinned" my blue and white left channel leads properly so no good connection was being made to the cartridge clips.Although I have got away without this before,anyway he is going to check it for hum on his table at home.All going well I should get my arm back soon.