Is D for Dry? Class D...

Class D sounds dry and lifeless... thats all, carry on
128x128b_limo
Using tube gear is like using a distortion pedal in an electric guitar setup. They make tons of cool effects to choose from, and they’re all useful in creating music and new sounds. But they have zero relation to accurate reproduction of a source signal. Thinking otherwise is mental masturbation.

@dougeyjones Spoken like a true neophyte. Get out and listen to some good tube gear in a tube friendly system. Your portrayal couldn't be further from the truth.

I've got no dog in the fight when it comes to Class D, so I'm not going to bash something I have no experience with, nor do I care to have any experience with Class D. But don't paint with such a broad brush about a technology that is arguably for many the most engaging means of reproducing music. You don't like it? Fine. But let's keep things in perspective, shall we?

Oz

mglik

Good to hear that you have experienced what i have with the AGD Audions. Regardless of class they are some of the best amps i have heard period. Have have just sold my Pass XA25 and Wavac 300B there was no point in keeping them, the AGD`s do what they could do and more.
I think there is significance in Alberto of AGD being Italian. He surely has special sensibilities regarding a highly attuned musicality.
This is reflected in his creations. I have always respected the Italian perspective on art and music... and food! 
I think there is significance in Alberto of AGD being Italian. He surely has special sensibilities regarding a highly attuned musicality.
From what I've seen, its more about how little distortion the amp makes.