Is it really night and day

I just read that someone went from a ARC ref-5se to a Ref-6. They claim it is a night and day difference. For some reason I find that hard to believe. I can see there being a difference but night and day to me is an exaggeration. I'll tell you why I think this way. I had an ARC LS-25 for about 10 years and I always thought It was a good pre-amp. One day I got a bug up my ass and decided to upgrade to a LS-27. 

While I will agree the 27 is better than the 25 I would not say there is a night and day difference. Now that is a spread of about 10 years in a model. So of course you do expect some improvements and I have received those. 

Now going back to the Ref-5se. I think it has been around about 3 years. Now they have the Ref-6. So in 3 years there is a night and day difference between the 5Se and the 6 but after a 10 year period between the Ls-25 and the 27 there are a few minor differences. 

taters
I envy you guys who have experienced a night and day difference. For me, the best I've heard so far is from late morning to early-to-mid afternoon.
Jafant,

I have not seen any reviews yet. I am sure you will in the upcoming months.

Post removed 
It all depends on what "night and day" means to most people. But, maybe if you replaced those Bose 301’s you’ve been using in your $100k system with upper end Magico’s....THAT I think would be night and day.;)